Clark Appler Optical is a family owned and operated full service optical boutique with two locations, Towson and Catonsville.
Clark Appler Optical has long history in the optical business. Originally named Clark Appler Opticians, it originated in 1931 as a partnership between Brooke H. Appler and James S. Clark. Two years later with the addition of a third partner, John Loeber, it was renamed, Clark Appler Loeber, which is a name many Baltimoreans still remember today.
Today, Clark Appler Optical is run by John Appler, a 4th generation optician, and his wife Tara.
We our proud to say that we have been providing Baltimore with quality eyewear for 89 years, giving us the pleasure of serving generations of families for their vision needs.
Our previous Towson location in 1976.
Our Liberty Street Location in 1942.